Office 01623 870557 Mobile 07495 890999 email@example.com Address 24 Cheyne Drive Bilsthorpe Newark Notts NG22 8SB
Get a FREE Quote Now
Request a free quote from GAP Plumbing and Heating Ltd.
Here are just some of the services that GAP Plumbing and Heating Ltd. can offer for you and your home. All work can be carried out on natural gas (with a meter) or L.P.G (tank or bottles).
- Combi boiler installation.
- Regular gas boiler installation.
- System boiler installation.
- Full heating system design and installation.
- Unvented cylinder installation and servicing.
- Boiler repairs.
- Boiler servicing.
- Fit Gas fires and Gas cookers/hobs.
- High efficiency heating controls.
- Landlords safety checks.
- Heating system upgrades.
- Thermostatic radiator valves.
- Home buyer plumbing system surveys.
- Fire sprinkler systems.
GAP Plumbing and Heating Ltd are combi boiler specialists. We carry out all work on combi boilers from fault finding and servicing to brand new installations and upgrades.
What is a combi boiler?
A combi boiler is a wall hung unit that provides both hot water and heating. with a combi boiler there is no need to have tanks or a hot water cylinder that could be expensive to repair or replace.
They can be fitted almost anywhere in your house including in the loft or airing cupboard. Combi boilers are also very efficient with an average efficiency of 93%.
There are no timers to set for the hot water, as soon as a tap is opened, the combi boiler automatically starts up and heats water for you to use and then stops firing when you close the tap. Combi boilers also give hot water pressure close to mains water which means you are not limited to choice if you have a new shower.
The heating is normally controlled by a wireless remote thermostat which GAP Plumbing and Heating Ltd always fit with a new combi boiler, not only do they make the heating even more energy efficient, it means you dont even have to stand up to turn the heating on or off.
Combi or Condenser?
Whats the difference between a combi boiler and a condensing boiler? A combi or combination boiler is a gas appliance which creates heat for the central heating system and the hot water at the tap, combination boilers are explained above.
A condensing boiler can be either
A combi boiler.
A heat-only or regular boiler.
or a system boiler.
The condensing part is what makes these boilers much more efficient than an older boiler and all boilers fitted from 2005 have to, by law be condensing boilers.
The larger heat exchanger in a condensing boiler uses the hot flue gasses to re-heat the water returning from the radiators, these gasses transfer so much heat back into the system that they condense back to liquid which then runs away to the drain.
What type of boiler do i have?
There are 3 main types of systems all with a slightly different boiler.
1. A pressurised system that you have to fill the heating system with a valve (normally under the boiler). This system uses no hot water tanks and no cylinder in the airing cupboard. This is a combi or combination boiler that heats the central heating system and produces unlimited hot water on demand.
2. A pressurised system that you have to fill the heating system with a valve (normally in the airing cupboard). This system has no hot water tanks but does have a modern style hot water cylinder in the airing cupboard. This would be a system boiler which heats the central heating and heats the water inside the cylinder.
3. A non pressurised system that uses tanks in the loft or airing cupboard to fill the heating and hot water cylinder. This is the older type of system that can run out of hot water. This is known as a heat-only or regular boiler.
Replacements for any of these boilers will now be high efficiency condensing models with up to 10 years parts and labour warranty. All models can also be used with wireless remote controls.
Thank you for taking the time to visit our website. For further information or to discuss how we can help you, please do not hesitate to contact us.
GET IN TOUCH TODAY
2017 © GAP Plumbing and Heating Ltd. All rights reserved. | Website Design by Swift Creations